Friday, May 7, 2010

So far so good. :) I find that the best thing about this is that I am not snacking just for the sake of snacking. I find that I am eating when I am truly hungry, which is something I have always struggled with. Part of it is wanting to get an accurate count of my daily breakdown of carbs,, fat, protein...part of it is wanting to make sure I do not gain weight during the transition. I am trying hard to exercise more, doing what I can do considering my hip and heel. tomorrow I am going back to the gym to try the bike and some arm weights.

I feel very successful with the dinners - tonight I made Masala simmer sauce with garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and peas with some Naan bread and a salad. It was filling and I enjoyed it very much. I would spice it up a bit more maybe with some curry next time. I need to research different spices.
Last night I used the rest of my tofu and just put it in a pan with some Sesame Ginger dressing....yum! Tofu is DEFINITELY a winner for me. I enjoy it BETTER than chicken so thats an easy switcheroo for me!

I look forward to doing lunch once the turkey is done...I have one more package to go. I may start to do a few days of veg this week to ease myself into it. Some good ideas are: salad with beans and some Naan bread, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hummus and veggie pitas, tortillas or sandwiches, veggie burger, grilled cheese, cheese and veggie sandwiches. I need to remember that I can ALWAYS do a protein drink as my protein anytime. I got the Aria vanilla protein mix that I only have to put with water....easy peasy mac and squeezy!!

I'm feeling REALLY good about this switch. Really excited and hopeful that Craig and I BOTH can really do this! I am sooo thankful that he is on board and willing to try with me. Its been an exciting adventure with him  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment